During the time it takes to prepare the case for court by law enforcement and the District Attorney’s Office, the Victim Assistance Program will keep the victim informed and provide help that includes, but is not limited to:
- Status and case management report of the case to the victim
- Support and assistance while attending court
- Crisis intervention
- Courtroom orientation
- Claims for victim’s compensation
- Attempted restitution assistance
- Preparation of Victim Impact Statement
- Emergency referrals
- Employer and school contact
Some victims of violent crime are eligible for victim compensation from the Crime Victims Reparations Board. Those who qualify may be paid for expenses resulting from the crime such as unpaid medical expenses and funeral expenses.
The Court may determine that a victim is entitled to reimbursement for expenses incurred by way of personal injury or property loss as a result of the crime.
Notification of Outcome
The Victim Assistance Program notifies the victim regarding the outcome of the case.
|BIENVILLE PARISH||CLAIBORNE PARISH||JACKSON PARISH|
|Phone: (318) 263-7408||Phone: (318) 927-4862||Phone: (318) 259-4112|